Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Bug fixes and 2 new important menus added

I just fixed a few annoying bugs, so the game is working really well now. In the past, while managing the menus, you sometimes needed to press the '5' key to make the menu work, instead of the 'Fire' key. I solved that annoying bug, so now almost all the menus work without any problem.

Also, now when you start the game, you first get a build menu, where you select which components you want to add to your ship. If you want 4 lasers, go right ahead, 2 lasers 4 rail guns, be my guest, extra shields, no problem! And only after that you get to play your game. This ensures that every time you pick up the game, you have a different playing experience.

The second screen that I added was that of the 'Options'. now you can control how much the star density should be, so that the low end phones can run the game smoothly. You can also select the number of opponents, the difficulty of AI, the FX and music volume, among other things.

The next thing to do is to put some building time while capturing planets or asteroids. I am still not sure  if that should be done or not. Right now, the planets are captured instantly. Then, I need to set some cost for making a hyperjump, right now its free. Still, a lot of things remain to be done before I start working on the AI.

No comments:

Post a Comment