Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Sprites are here

When I started coding for this game, I opted to go for vector graphics, instead of sprites to make this game. Although that idea had its advantages in the long run, but right now working in vector graphics will take me away from completing the game, and complicate the whole process of collision detection and other calculations.

I just completed a sprite for the ship that the player is going to use and it is shown below. J2ME has a good sprite support which makes collision detection easier, which will be a big part of this project. The code for the vector graphics is there, but it will stay in active till I find time to do it.

With vector graphics you can greatly reduce the amount of memory that is used by the application and do different effects and create a particle system, something that I would love to do, but not right now. Do note the cool glow around the engines.



No comments:

Post a Comment