Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The work so far

The work you see in the picture below is about as far I have come into developing my game. The screenshots with the coloured backgrounds show the different courses of action that a person can take while managing the menus. All you see here is working code and there are almost no bugs. You will notice that there is no spaceship in the shots as at the time I made this big picture, there wasn't any ship. But now, there is one and I am currently making it move.

In the beginning I made a design decision that the ship will only be able to jump to different quadrants. Later I realised that this might actually take the fun out of flying the ship. Now as the ship crosses the screen, a new quadrant is drawn and the jump is only used to jump to a different quadrant instantly. So the things that need to be done right now are:

- make the ship move properly so that it comes up at the right spot when it crosses the screen
- change the current quadrant to the new quadrant
- create the cool down time for the hyperjump

here is the screenshot:

No comments:

Post a Comment